Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Baby steps

You know that movie, What About Bob?

I LOVE that movie.

It has meaning.  And it is funny!

When my mom was alive and she would start her spiral down into depression, I would always bring up that movie by asking her, "What about Bob, mom?"  This would normally bring a smile to her face and one of us would mention, "baby steps".

Yep, that is all it takes. Baby steps.

I recently began thinking of that movie again as I am beginning my own baby steps adventure.  I am taking control of my life.  I am not letting depression get me as it got my mom. I am also not going to let rheumatoid arthritis get me either. This is 2013 and this is the year I take control. I am going to do it by taking baby steps!

There will be no "by this month, I will weigh this much and can do this and this".  Nope. Those are too distinct goals and I just may not reach and then I will feel like I failed.  I just want to get healthy.  Yup.  That is my big goal. TO. GET. HEALTHY

I signed up for a 5K in April.  I barely can walk three miles right now, but you know what? By the time April comes, I will be able to.  Heck, I may even be able to jog some of it.  I have already started my training for it.  One tiny baby step at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment