Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A member of "The Trailblazers"

Yeah, that is what I am.

I met with my professor yesterday.  She started off by saying that I did not have the lowest grade in the class.  That was not reassuring as the lowest grade was achieved by my study partner. 

Nice, huh?

The teacher jokingly said she needed to come up with a name for us.  I said, "How about 'The Caboose' since we are bringing up the rear?"  She laughed and said no.  Then she said, "I am going to call you two "The Trailblazers" because we are going to blaze through this class and improve our grades.

This then was followed by more discussion that basically said she hopes we get Ls.  Ls are the grade right above Fs, people.  I feel so encouraged (sarcastic tone here).  The grading scale is different here in grad school. There are no A,B,C,D,F.  It is H,P,L,F.  Stupid, really.

So why did I do poorly even though I felt I understood the concepts? It all boils down to the fact that I really did not get to develop critical thinking skills needed for grad school.  Since I only have my associates degree in nursing, I missed much theory work. The program I attended was mostly clinical based.

Oh well.  I will get through this horrible class.  I am hoping for a P, but will settle for an L.  An H is out of reach now.  Boohoo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment