Friday, September 28, 2012

well, I failed.

My first exam in the hardest class has been graded and I failed.  I failed it even after the curve.  I am a bit numb about it.  I knew I did poorly, but wow, that was a bad grade!

I am allowing myself a little time tonight to reflect and go through the emotions that is normal to go through for failure then I am going to pick myself up, dust myself off, and move on.  After all, there is nothing I can do about it now, is there?

Since I am really an optimistic person at heart, I refuse to let this get me down.  It just means I needs to re-prioritize my life a bit.  Obviously I have not put school high enough on the list of priorities and if I still plan on continuing on with grad school, I must do so.  Yes, the thought has crossed my mind to quit school...this was thought before the exam too.  This means that I have to revamp my whole life and really make cuts in areas that I previously did not cut.  Things that I normally may think are super important may need to be moved to the slightly important list in my brain.  Things that I do not find important, but enjoy, may need to be forgotten about until after each semester.  Not ALL things though!  What a really crazy person I would be then if I did not have at least some pleasure in life!

This also means I need to pray.  I need to get my rear end back in church!  Of course this weekend I am unable to attend due to work, but I need to be listening to the podcasts on the weeks I cannot attend.  I need to break out my Bible and start reading.

I need to create a time schedule for things and stick to it. 

I think I will still keep the blog, even though no one reads it but me!  It is like a release for me.  A way to organize my thoughts in a sort of way. 

I also need to end this post and get started on what I just typed about!   Have a great night all!  Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment