Wednesday, August 29, 2012

School, puppies, vacation

The two kiddos at home and the man have started school this week. The boy is now a highschooler!  So far he likes his classes.  Being a typical boy that he his, he came home the first day and stated that he learned he is allergic to sperm.  Oh vey!  He meant pollen of course.  Oh and his German name is Helmut...pronounced Helmet.  He LOVES it!  LOL!

My senior girl is doing just as well.  She has not proclaimed any shocking things as her brother, but she has had me busy with fees and forms. It seems that in order for her to have an off campus lunch pass, the form needs to be notarized.  What a pain in the rear!  Now we are car shopping so that she can provide her and her brother their own transportation.  This is going to be costly, but will so much more convenient for us.  The cost for a parking pass at the HIGH SCHOOL???  $170.  For real!

You want to know what is keeping even more busy than the kids' school and my own school?
THESE PUPPIES!!!
I have to admit, I sure do like these boys, but oh goodness, it is like having a newborn in the house all over again.  They are into the sibling rivalry age right now and are trying to show who is dominant.  One show resulted in a midnight trip to the doggie ED.  No real injury...just a broken baby tooth and broken toenail.  I now walk around the house with a whistle around my neck ready to break up any "wrestling gone bad" fights.  I am hoping that getting them neutered will calm their fighting...we shall see.

On top of all this, I just discovered this morning that we have fleas.  Seriously?  We havent had them all summer and now I am having to deal with them?  Well, at least I am on vacation this week and have the time to treat. I just put that Frontline on all the dogs and not even 2 days later I see the fleas. ARGH!

And onto my vacation.  I try to take vacation the first week of the kids' school year.  I have done this every year since my almost 20 year old started kindergarten.  Some years I am only able to take the first 2-3 days off, but this year it WAS the whole week...until the boss called and needs me to come in tonight.  Luckily, I am able to only do the first half of the shift and someone else will finish the shift.  7pm-1am isnt too bad.  Then I can still be home to take the kids to school in the morning.

Things to do on my vacations?  Schoolwork, organize, canning, relaxing.  Not in any order, although I make sure I am relaxing!  LOL!

How are you spending this end of summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment