Wednesday, August 15, 2012

...and these are the days of our lives

Much has happened in the life of my family since I last posted.  Although, how could it not since the last post was in April! 

Jacob continues in remission. Praise the Lord!  The protein and red blood cells in his urine continue to get lower and lower.  His next visit in November will decide if he needs to continue with the blood pressure medication.  If he stops that then the only medication he will take is his multivitamin and the fish oil!  We are beyond happy!

My girls are doing well. One quit college (I am so proud...insert sarcasm tone here) and moved to Asheville to follow her dreams of becoming a hair stylist/colorer.  Why Asheville? That is where her friends are located so she will attend a community college there...once there is an opening in the program.  UGH!  My other daughter is getting ready to start her senior year in high school. So far the only thing she is bugging me about is getting another piercing...I can handle that. 

We joined a gym!  Ok, so the sentence reads more excited that I am, but it isnt that bad.  I need to get "buff" as my 17 yo DD says.  We all need to get "buff".  Jacob likes it because they have cable tv and he can ride a bike or walk on a treadmill and watch whatever he chooses.  I like it because they have really old people there working out so I wont look like a complete idiot.  I like that there are not the "golds gym" guys walking around intimidating those of us who look fat and frumpy!  This will be an adventure for sure!!

Nothing really is new with my dear husband.  He still has not gone through his massive room of destruction and gotten it organized. THAT drives me batty!  I think I am going to start bit by bit and organize it.  He probably will not even notice it until I am close to done.

As far as me.  I am gearing up to begin my first official semester of grad school.  I am not sure if I am excited or not.  My health is pretty much the only thing that has changed.  My rheumatoid arthritis has been giving me issues but nothing too major.  I am still having GI issues.  This has been going on since the beginning of the year.  I have had a colonoscopy done. I have had specimens examined. I have been given medications and probiotics to try. I have had bloodwork drawn.  So far it was suggested it might be irritable bowel, maybe my gall bladder, but the bloodwork has now come back positive for celiac disease.  To confirm this diagnosis I now have to have an endoscopy.  UGH!  Our family has already had a diet change to a low sodium one.  Now we (ok, me) may have to start a gluten free one?  I have been reading up on it just in case this is really the diagnosis.  Oh boy, I am hoping it isnt!  The symptoms do add up though.  Anyone have some good gluten free recipes to share? 

So, overall, in the grand scheme of things, life is not too bad.  My boy is still better, I have a great marriage (Oh I forgot to mention that we celebrated our 20th anniversary this past May!), and my girls are doing well too.  Life is good and will get even better!


No comments:

Post a Comment