Saturday, April 14, 2012

I knew I was eating fairly healthy....

...because the past week I have not eaten well at all and now I am sick. Sick, I tell you!

My husband was on a weight loss challenge with others at work for the past six weeks. While he ate much better than we did, we managed to eat fairly healthy too. The challenge ended last week. So did the healthy eating.

Burgers, fried chicken, pizza, pop, chocolate, pudding, you name it, if it was sweet, greasy, or whatever, we ate it.

I couldn't figure out why my stomach was all tore up. I also couldn't figure out why I had "bubble gut" and "ahem" the runs (stupid, I know). I just kept enjoying it all. Well, it has finally caught up with me.

I cannot take it anymore. Enough is enough. The first thing gone is the pop. Nope, none for me thanks. I cannot give up the chocolate, but it will now only be consumed in VERY limited quantities. I even passed up the clearance bin of Easter chocolates because I feel so horrible. The fast food is no more too. I will eat burgers and chicken sandwiches, but only if I make them myself. Pizza, well, I will have that once in awhile, but not too often.

I have gathered up the kale, carrots, apples, and oranges and plan on making some juice tonight. Back to the healthy eating!

Oh, and the husband won the weight loss challenge. 32 pounds in 6 weeks for a total of $180! Yay for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment