Sunday, February 26, 2012

Secret Smoothie

I also learned this from the real foods class at church. I just made it and it got good reviews from the kiddos so it shall be posted.

Secret Smoothie

Frozen spinach
Frozen blueberries
Frozen strawberries
Milk
Maple syrup
(if any of the above is not frozen, use an ice cube or two to keep frozen)

- I did not measure the above, but I used roughly the same amount of each
(spinach, blueberries, strawberries)
- I started with maybe half cup of milk and added more as needed.
- I poured a "glug" of maple syrup (maybe 1/4 cup??)
- grab your blender and add the above and blend.
- Enjoy.
- The great thing about this recipe is that the blueberries completely take over the color of the smoothie so the kids did not know there was spinach in it until I told them!

No comments:

Post a Comment