Monday, February 20, 2012

If I could turn back time, if I could find a way....

I am hearing Cher's voice this morning as I am reflecting on the "real foods" class I attended at church yesterday.

I would LOVE to be able to turn back time and start this journey with whole foods when the kids were younger. You see, one disadvantage of having kids while you are barely out of being a kid yourself is that you just dont know what you want out out of life to be able to share it with them!

Whole foods is one item I really wish I knew about when the kids were younger. I tried, really tried, to get them healthy foods and such, but it just did not happen. At the time whole, clean foods just wasnt all the rave it is now. I did not know all about the great nutritional values. I only knew that making items from scratch at home was cheaper and healthier. Everyone was all about couponing and saving and reading "The Tightwad Gazzette". Trust me, I was all into that. Box of processed mac and cheese for a dime, yes please! And I will take 20! I look back and think of all the crap I fed my kids...yikes! I did make some items myself which made it healthier, but as we made more money, we bought more crap to eat. So sad.

Well, there is no good day to start the healthy eating like today! I just wish my oldest girl was closer to home to get the benefits of the foods too. I may try to develop a plan for her to get whole foods at college. That, we will look at over the summer when I have more time and have gotten some of the ideas under my belt here at home. For now, I will concentrate on those who still are living in this house.

I may not be able to turn back time and give my kiddos all the benefits of good foods their whole life, but I can start now. Some people dont get introduced to healthy eating until they are adults (like me!)

So, who's with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment