Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Clean chocolate chip granola bars

As you may have noticed from all the ranting I have done, I am changing my family's diet. It is hard.

The truth is: We snack. We may not eat complete meals all the time, but we sure like to snack. So healthy snack recipes are a must to find.

I have been searching different sites and found a great one.
The Gracious Pantry. It is one of my new faves. Her recipes are awesome..at least they look awesome. I have only tried one and it is a keeper. I tweeked it for my liking. Here is the original recipe. Below is mine.

Chocolate chip granola bars
2 cups oats (I used the quick cook and I didnt roast them)
1 cup PB (I used the fresh grinded stuff I bought at Whole Foods)
1/2 cup of honey
1/2 cup of applesauce (I used what I canned last fall)
1/4 cup chocolate chips (i used the milk chocolate ones I had in pantry)
1 tbl cinnamon (this doesnt add a strong taste at all)
2 tbl chia seeds (bought in bulk at Whole Foods)

- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients together. Like the original recipe, I found kneeding it much easier.
- Lay some parchment paper on a cookie sheet and press the mix on it. It ends up using about half of a regular size cookie sheet.
- Bake about 10-15 min, until the bar is golden brown. (Mine needed about 13 minutes).
- Wait about 30 minutes to cool and then cut into bars and eat 'em up!

No comments:

Post a Comment