Monday, December 26, 2011

end of one year; beginning of another

We have had much going on in our lives recently.

Our boy has Berger's disease which is a chronic disease of the kidneys. This breaks my heart, but I believe there is a reason for all things so we will just deal with it the best we can. I actually blog about him and his disease. The name of the blog is www.journeywithjacob.blogspot.com Head over there to read all about it!

I finished my first semester of grad school. It was not that bad. Although if this school does not straighten things out for me, there may not be a second semester!

We are all moved (finally! only took a month!). Now to organize everything. UGH!

Ok, so it doesn't seem like a lot, but it is enough to drive me batty! I think I even am just a tad depressed. I need to get out of this slump for sure!

Oh, I thought of one more thing! I am on a mission to get healthy! The husband and I bought a juicer and we juiced for almost a week. He lost almost 8 pounds. I lost about 6 pounds. Go me! I was getting to the point where I was starving myself so I started eating also. Today I really splurged and had a grilled chicken sandwich meal from Burger King. Big mistake. I now have heartburn and feel icky! I will stick to the fruits and veggies and the occasional protein source from now on! Losing weight is the obvious benefit of getting healthy, but we decided we are going to gradually switch the whole family's diet over. I think with the change of diet, medication, and God's good grace, that we can overcome my son's kidney disease! I have faith people!

So, with all this being typed, I conclude with a question. If you had to pick a word that would be your "word" for the upcoming year, what would it be? I got this idea from a newsletter from an author I love, Debbie Macomber. I have thought about this today and have come up with my word. It is "ORGANIZE". Yep, that is it. I am going to organize my life. I miss the days when I was organized. I was happier, life was easier, the family was calmer. In 2012 I plan to organize. Organize the house, organize my walk with God, organize my friendships, organize my family, just organize.

Thank you, the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment