Saturday, October 1, 2011

So why the blog?

Why am I blogging?

Well, mainly it is going to be a diary of sorts. I have lots I think about and want to do and this will maybe help me keep track of my goals and plans. I have started and stopped a couple of blogs so maybe this one I will keep up with. My latest focus is getting myself and my family healthy.

This is going to be a rough journey.

First off, my family loves their unhealthy foods and all things unhealthy. Fast food, cleaning products, air fresheners, etc. Anything processed seems to make its way into our house. I have to take babysteps with this project or else I will be fighting a losing battle. (Can I tell ya, I do occasionally LOVE me a whopper jr!)

Second, I am also cheap. I want to be healthy in the cheapest way possible. I may, at times, go the cheaper route instead of the healthy route. Don't judge me! It will all work out!

Third, I NEED to get healthy! Seriously. I have rheumatoid arthritis and have had it since I was five years old. Over 30 years of this craziness! I have spent the majority of my adulthood in remission, Thank the Great Lord above! Over the past year, I have noticed some changes that I have ignored and now, although not in a full blown flare, I am out of remission. I am only 36 people! This is totally unacceptable! I REFUSE to let it get me disabled! I am an overweight, unhealthy nurse who knows better than to let herself get to this point!

So, my goals are (not in any particular order):
1) Lose weight and hence become healthier
2) Get the arthritis in remission with the least amount of medications
3) Replace most cleaning products with cheap natural ones
4) Replace processed foods with more homecooked, natural ones
5) Get the family healthier (without them fighting the process)
6) Get our finances in order and get us a house
7) Graduate from grad school and become a psychiatric nurse practitioner (yeah, yeah, I am a psych nurse...so what of it?)

I think this is a possible list of goals, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment