Friday, October 14, 2011

garlic honey pizza crust

My kids love pizza. One could eat it every day! Take out pizza gets expensive so my husband (who IS a good cook) trialed several pizza crust recipes and this one won the taste test in our family! Give it a try, it may be a winner in your family too!

You may think...Garlic? Honey? in the same recipe? trust me...it is super yummy!

garlic honey pizza crust

Ingredients
2.5 cups of flour (although I usually need to add more)
1 cup warm water
1 tbl yeast
2 tbl honey
1 tbl garlic powder
1 tbl onion powder
1 tbl garlic oil (or any oil really...canola, olive, vegetable)

Directions
- Put the yeast into the warm water for about 5 min.
- While the yeast/water is working its magic, in a mixer put the rest of the ingredients and go ahead a mix a little.
- Add the yeast and mix.
- Add more flour as needed to be able to roll out to form a crust.
- Roll out onto floured surface to make the crust. The man (aka my husband) also informed me that he lightly sprays the cookie sheet with oil to be able to roll the dough out. (I'd trust him on this...he actually makes the pizza in the family, not me!)
- Add toppings for a pizza! We also use this recipe to make pepperoni or hot pepper rolls.
- Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment